When it comes to efficient smoking of large quantities of meat, the vertical smoker is the best option because it consists of large smoking chambers and several shelves that allow him to cook different types of meat with the utmost perfection.
Get that best vertical smoker and barbecue in the backyard of your house. Believe me, you will love it.
To make things more exciting for you, dozens of companies have launched dozens of vertical smokers on the market. So if you have no idea about the right brand and product, let me help you with that.
We’ve done all the hard work for you, and all you have to do is select the right vertical smoker out of 5 top vertical smoking products we’ve shortlisted for you.
Top 5 Best Vertical Smoker Reviews
1. Masterbuilt 20071117 30 “Digital Electric Smoker
This is an animal when it comes to the vertical smoker. This is a 30-inch digital smoker, with built-in internal and external built-in functions to meet all your barbecue needs.
This Masterbuilt electric smoker is an extremely user-friendly product and is so handy that you will not feel tired after cooking multiple meals in this smoker. Learn more about this smoker in this section.
Important highlights of the product:
Whether you have a digital panel to control multiple time and temperature elements, or four chromed racks to provide enough cooking space for smoking, this product has amazing features.
- All four chrome frames not only look good, they are also resistant to corrosion. Cleaning up the racks is also easy, so there’s every reason why the company installed such racks in the smoker.
- The woodchip charging system of this smoker will also delight you, as it is a unique system that ensures fast and smooth loading of wooden pallets.
- This smoker has an integrated thermostat temperature control that makes smoking much quicker and easier. This system also causes uniform and even smoking.
- This smoker, in contrast to many other smokers, is completely isolated in a price range in which this smoker is available, giving this product a much needed advantage over other smokers. A completely insulated body ensures the protection of users, especially those who start their barbecue trip.
- The patented woodchip loading system increases speed and functionality.
- A completely insulated housing contributes to the aesthetics of the machine and increases the comfort for the user.
- The inclusion of smoking chips in the system gives users a good start.
- A smoker can be used for different cooking styles.
- A user with any expertise can use this smoker.
- The food capacity is sufficient for large families.
- Not a good smoker for mobile chefs.
- The price of the machine is on the higher side.
2. Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker
This 22-inch vertical smoker not only gives you great cooking space, but also a variety of functions.
This is one of the most efficient vertical smokers available on the market today. For people with a love for smoky foods, this smoker has a lot to offer.
Important highlights of the product:
- This smoker is durable because of the quality of the materials used. The aluminum double door is made of stainless metal, a charcoal chamber, porcelain enamel lid and bowl, which not only increases the shelf life of the product, but also ensures fast and efficient cooking.
- The grills are also made of high quality steel. So you do not have to worry about the plates slipping,
- The smoker has a large cooking surface of 726 square meters, which consists of two plated steel frying pans. You can put two different dishes on both grates.
- This smoker consists of four dampers for better heat control. A damper is at the top, three at the bottom. Each damper is equipped with a series of vents.
- The company has supplied a built-in thermometer for easy reading of the internal temperature.
- To simply set the coal on fire, you get an aluminum-coated rapid fire chimney starter that illuminates the coal within seconds.
- The charcoal chamber is also very spacious. To place charcoal pieces, there is a round ring that has been integrated by the company. This construction helps to direct the heat directly into the cooking chamber.
- In order to moisturize the meat during grilling, there is a porcelain enamelled water pan in the machine. The water increases the temperature of the food and thus reduces the cooking time.
- To add more coal and water to the water bowl, you can use the fuel filler flap, which is made of stainless material.
- A perfect smoker to get a variety of smoke-flavored dishes in the comfort of your home.
- Easy to assemble and use.
- Charcoal can be added much easier by an improved design of the machine.
- With a built-in thermometer, tracking the temperature becomes much easier.
- The cleaning and administration of this smoker are much easier than with other vertical smokers.
- The temperature gauge is not that accurate.
- Although installation is easier, the box does not contain instructions for installing the smoker.
3. 18-1 / 2 in. Classic pit fry cooker
This vertical smoker from Pit Barrel is for those who like the DIY approach or have a tight budget for the purchase of a decent smoker.
Although the design of this smoker is similar to the Weber Smokey Mountain smoker, there are some differences that I explain here.
The Pit Barrel Smoker has no water bowl. You can not place your food on a grill rack, so you must hang the meat vertically into the smoker with metal hooks.
The smoker has a 30-gallon 18-gauge steel drum and a very impressive lid. Therefore, it is suitable for high temperatures, and when it receives the cooler temperature from the outside, it adds moisture to the barrel, resulting in a smoky, juicy piece of meat.
The cylindrical shape of the Pit-Fass-Herd creates optimal heat and distributes it evenly throughout the smoker.
- The meat hook system of this vertical smoker is quite astounding as meat is hung inside the smoker so users can douse the meat with the juices dripping from the meat.
- Unlike many conventional smokers, there are no hot spots in this smoker.
- It gets less messy during the surgery, so cleaning this smoker is easy. In addition, all the juices of meat fall directly onto the flaming coals, so you do not have to waste time cleaning up messy water bowls after cooking food.
- An expensive smoker, provided there are not many features to play with.
- It sometimes gets hot, so you can only maintain low and slow temperatures, making sure you do not over-hot charcoal at the start of cooking.
4. Char-Broil The big, simple TRU-Infrared Smoker Roaster Grill
The advancement in frying technology can be easily determined by using this amazing vertical smoker from Char-Boil.
This smoker is a giant among all advanced and sophisticated vertical smokers, and its use is more of a fun task than just cooking.
Important highlights of the product:
- You see a multifunctional smoker in Char-Broil, the big, simple TRU-Infrared Smoker Roaster Grill. You can grill, roast or smoke your meat perfectly.
- If you think that the oil is only used for cooking, this smoker will prove the opposite. The food prepared in this smoker is tender and crisp, due to the even distribution of heat in the smoker. An even distribution was made possible because the oil gives fluidity to the food, using the oil as a heating medium. The inclusion of infrared technology in the smoker will ensure the shape, length and weight of the food being cooked so the smoker can direct the heat to the right places.
- Mammoth Space for frying and grilling, which you get in this smoker, makes it an excellent choice for users with large families. You can roast and grill a good amount of meat at the same time, without worrying that things will get messy as this is not the case.
- A temperature control of 9,000 BTU to 18,000 is enough to play with different types of meat. Changing the temperature is also much faster than with many vertical smokers.
- Despite so much space and equipment, this machine weighs 63 pounds. So if you want to take them on trips, you have the option to do so.
- Plenty of space gives users the freedom to prepare a wide variety of meat at once.
- This is perhaps the best oil-free deep fryer available on the market today. Where most oil-free fryers lack the capabilities and features, this vertical smoker will not disappoint you at all.
- Simply cook different meals together to save time and energy. Above all, it shows the ability of the machine to deliver exactly the temperature required to prepare a particular meal that is completely different from the cooking time.
- The robust construction, which is combined with high-quality parts, ensures the longevity of the machine. It withstands extreme weather and still gives you the taste you love for this vertical smoker.
- The smoker does not come together, so you have to do it yourself, which may take some time to consume and be annoying at the same time.
- The price of this smoker can bother you because it is expensive.
5. Dyna-Glo DGO1176BDC-D Charcoal smoker with vertical offset
Do you always have many guests at your weekend at your home? If so, then you need a smoker who could easily feed these hungry animals.
Important highlights of the product
- A total of 1,176 square inches of cooking space and the ability to cook up to 150 pounds of food at a time will greatly facilitate your task.
- Despite a large cooking surface, maneuvering this machine is not that difficult. It has a dependable handle on both sides, which makes moving the machine from one place to another easier.
- The offset firing box included in this smoker really appealed to me. This feature helps to reduce the heat of the food so that I can eat more deliciously without burning.
- After cooking, no cleaning is required, as the smoker has a fat management system, so all accumulations of fat and condensate accumulate in a defined location. Just wipe off the vertical smoker and that’s it, the smoker is clean.
- A very spacious product with a large cooking surface.
- An easy to clean product with grease management system.
- This vertical smoker is easy to maneuver.
- Easy to read temperature display.
- The cooking time can be extended due to the staggered construction of the machine.
- The installation of this vertical smoker is quite difficult.
- Before you can use this smoker, some changes are required.
Various types of smoker
There are five types of vertical smokers available in the market. Wood pellets, charcoal, electrics, hardwood and propane operated. Let’s take a closer look at the details of each vertical smoker
- Charcoal and wood smoker: These are traditional smokers who can give the food a more authentic taste. Most of the cheapest smokers available on the market usually use charcoal, but some premium smokers also use charcoal.
- Electric smoker: These are some of the most comfortable smokers you can use, but when it comes to getting a flavored food it’s not as good as charcoal or wood smokers. However, with electric smokers everything is automatic, so you do not have to babysit for your food.
- Pellet smoker: These can be electrically powered, but heat and smoke are generated by wood pellets. These are just as practical as electric smokers but offer better taste and taste than electric smokers.
- Propane Smoker: These are probably the fastest smokers and quite easy to use, but you can not get the same smoky flavor as with a charcoal smoker.
Things to consider when buying the best vertical smoker
The qualities a smoker has depends on his price. You have to wonder how much you want to include in the cooking process. The more things you leave to the machine, the more expensive it becomes.
Having a dozen functions in a smoker does not hurt, right? If you want your smoker to be full of features, get ready to loosen up your bag as well.
The size of the smoker you want to buy depends on how many people you want to feed. If you only want to eat for four families, then a smoker with 400 to 500 square meters of the area will do the work for you.
If you want to feed a group of dozen people, the size of the smoker will increase accordingly. A smoker with a cooking surface of 800 to 1000 square meters is good enough.
You have to buy a smoker who cooks every kind of meat perfectly. In addition, a smoker who is able to smoke meat, grill, roast and fry meat is the one to go with.
A good thing is that most vertical smokers today are able to prepare food in different varieties, and they are not that expensive either.
Choosing a branded product is extremely important because only one brand can provide quality products with real guarantees.
There are many counterfeit copies of original products today. Therefore, take some time to find out if the product you have selected is genuine or false.
The job to find that best vertical smoker It could have been very difficult, but I think I made it a little easier for you.
Now you have five products to choose from that are far better than dozens of options available on the market.
Which vertical smoker suits you best is a question that can only be answered. So go through the above reviews and choose the most suitable vertical smoker for your needs.